As one of Wales’ leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants, BPU has a proven track record of success in helping clients across all sectors to achieve profitability, enjoy greater wealth and gain and maintain control of their financial situation.
During its 50 years in practice BPU has developed a specialised service to private and public sector firms, including owner managed businesses and larger limited companies. BPU has achieved this by investing in the right people and provides an impressive work environment for staff with a range of benefits and opportunities for regular training and career development.
We are more than just accountants and our people are at the heart of what we do and what we can achieve. BPU has over 40 staff and directors operating from its two offices in Cardiff Gate and Llantwit Major.
The firm has ambitious growth plans for the future and is committed to the training of Chartered Accountants, Tax Advisors and all staff as a key factor in its continued success.
Audit Graduate Cardiff
BPU Chartered Accountants is looking for ambitious accountancy and finance graduates who are prepared to work hard within a team environment at their Cardiff office and help the firm to realise its goals. We are currently offering the following opportunity:
- A three year Chartered accountancy (ACA) training contract to start on 2nd
- Competitive starting salary with increments over the three years
- All training costs and paid study leave included
- Formal tuition provided at University to take you through the various stages of the
Chartered Accountancy examinations
- Help from qualified accountants and student mentors
- An opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients in a number of sectors
- Achieve a recognised and prestigious qualification
- Work in a close and friendly team where there are regular social activities and
charity events to get involved in.
As one of Wales’ leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants, BPU has a proven track record of success in helping clients across all sectors to achieve profitability, enjoy greater wealth and gain and maintain control of their financial affairs.
The firm has been training Audit graduates to achieve their ACA qualification for over 30 years. Many of these graduates have gone on to work in Industry as in-house accountants in top flight firms, own their own accountancy businesses and some are now directors themselves at BPU.
BPU has over 45 staff and directors operating from its two offices in Cardiff Gate and Llantwit Major. The firm has ambitious growth plans for the future and is committed to the training of Chartered Accountants as a key factor in its continued success.
About the Role
- Learn a wealth of accounting and finance skills from book-keeping through to the audit process from qualified experts
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements for limited companies, LLP’s, and charities from trial balance stage
- Work in the audit and accounts team to build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Provide assistance on statutory audits as you continue to learn on the job
- Develop your project management skills to meet work and budget deadlines for clients
- Learn a variety of accounting software programmes including sage, xero and quickbooks
- A 2:1 (or higher) class of degree (actual or predicted) is required
- Must be a team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think outside of the box and want to contribute ideas
- Have ambition and determination to succeed
Please send your CV and covering letter (preferably via email) to:
Huw Palin, Director
BPU Chartered Accountants
Cardiff Gate Business Park
Tel: 029 2073 4100
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2024
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience)
BPU is one of the largest Independent firms of Chartered Accountants based in South Wales and is looking for an experienced and client focused Tax Advisor to join its professional tax team. This is an excellent opportunity for a tax specialist to join a friendly practice and learn and develop in the role. The Tax Advisor would be undertaking a mixed tax role encompassing both personal and corporation tax. The firm is offering a competitive salary and benefits package as follows:
- Competitive salary ranging from £30,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience)
- Good holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Full time permanent role based at Cardiff Gate Office
- Flexible working hours operating within a core time system with options to start and finish work at set times to suit you
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Death in Service Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- One paid professional subscription
- An opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients across a number of sectors
- Work in a close and friendly team where there are regular social activities and charity events.
- Ideally you will be a tax advisor already working in an accountancy practice
- ATT and/or CTA qualified is desirable but not essential as training can be provided
- Experience in the preparation of corporation tax returns, P11D's, personal tax returns, partnership tax returns is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Team player who is not afraid to put forward ideas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver an effective and efficient personal and corporate tax compliance function for the practice including owner managed businesses and groups
- Build on the firm’s relationship with its clients
- Communicate with HMRC on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain the highest standards of personal and corporate tax compliance
- Identify, communicate and implement tax planning opportunities
- Responsibility for ensuring that all filing and reporting deadlines are met on a timely basis.
Established for over 55 years, BPU Accountants is a friendly and approachable firm of Chartered Accountants based in offices at Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff and at Llantwit Major. The firm currently employs over 40 staff and is planning further growth. It has a supportive, friendly team, where there is the opportunity for professional development. Regular training is provided as well as annual staff reviews to ensure individual needs are met. There are quarterly social events for all staff and the opportunity to attend corporate and charity events.
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to Martin Knight, Director.